I was born in Australia, and grew up in Sydney - even though I have lived in the US for many years, a big part of my heart is Australian. Naturally, I love to celebrate Australia Day with the Aussies. Here are a few ways you can celebrate, too.
This is a set of activity printables for young learners. Perfect for an introduction to Australia for children in the US, and to celebrate Australia Day for preschoolers and Pre-K in Australia. ("Harbor" and "color" use US spelling. Email me for a file with Australian spelling). It has 52 pages.
See it here and here. It is completely free to KidSparkz members.
Here's what's included:
• What is Australia Day?
• 2 posters
• Photos of Australian icons
• Uppercase alphabet letters for games and room decor
• Golden wattle writing/drawing page
• 2 Aboriginal style paintings
• Boomerang order by size
• Aboriginal artwork and crafts flashcards
• Design a boomerang
• Match the boomerangs cut and paste
• Photo flash cards of Australian animals (4 to a page) (12)
• Large cut outs of Australian animals (12)
• “Kangaroos crossing” road sign
• Australian animals song
• Emergent reader using photos – “What Animals are Native to Australia”?
• Emergent reader in b/w for children to color
• Cut and paste animals onto a simple map of Australia (both in color and b/w)
• Flag poster
• Color the Australian flag.
Here's an Australian animals unit, for preschoolers, with 86 pages.
Download these 3 FREE tracing and counting Aussie animals printables ...
.... and this set of FREE 10-frames counting cards. Provide manipulatives for counting, such as small leaves, play dough, or counters.
Hello, I'm Susan. My goal at KidSparkz is to offer instantly downloadable, free and low cost early childhood printables and activity packs to busy teachers and parents.
Read more ...