The two latest activity pack additions to the KidSparkz site are both winter-themed and numbers-related.
In the first one, the children can make their own WINTER Number Sense Anchor Charts 1-10 for preschool, pre-K and Kindergarten. Both of these packs are appropriate for children who are cutting already, if offered as an individual activity. However, they can both be pre-cut and set up as a center, or used as a small group teaching prop.
• 10 numbered background mats in b/w
• Set of graphics to cut and paste onto each mat (color) – 10-frame, number word, counting fingers, dice, and set of items (children dressed in winter clothes).). All the graphics pieces are the same size (except the set of children) and can fit into any of the mat spaces. The sets of children always go along the bottom of the mat.
This activity can be used as:
• Directed individual activity – each child creates own number anchor charts to post in the room or take home.
• Center – print all pieces on cardstock and laminate.
• Daily math journal – make a page a day and bind into a booklet to keep.
In the second pack, the children create numbers 1-10 web graphic organizers by cutting and pasting 6 ways that numbers can be represented onto a number mat background.
The 6 ways that numbers can be resented used here are: 10-frames, tally marks, dice, finger counting, objects in a set, and the number word.
Each number activity includes 3 pages – a web graphic organizer; a page with 6 ways numbers can be represented, to cut and paste, in color; and a page with 6 ways that numbers can be represented, to cut and paste, in b/w. Choose either the page in color, or the page in b/w, for the activity.
Concepts and skills: categorizing, vocabulary, cutting, gluing, picture placement, concept of a web graphic organizer, overview of some ways numbers can be represented, making choices, and having fun while learning number concepts.
Here are some FREE hot chocolate flashcards 0-20 to use for number recognition and sequencing. print 2 copies for matching games.
Hello, I'm Susan. My goal at KidSparkz is to offer instantly downloadable, free and low cost early childhood printables and activity packs to busy teachers and parents.
Read more ...
All About Me
Back to School
Chinese New Year
Cinco de Mayo