Weather Activities Introduction for Early Learners - 9 Kinds of Weather
This is a set of activities to encourage awareness of 9 different kinds of weather for preschool, preK and early kindergarten children.
- 9 full page labeled discussion pictures featuring different kinds of weather, in b/w. The weather types are snowy, windy, cold, rainy, cloudy, stormy, foggy, sunny and hot.
- 9 “dictate and draw” pages. Children draw a picture of a specific kind of weather, and the teacher writes the child’s description of it at the bottom of the page.
- 3 “my opinion” printables for the children to complete. “This is the weather today”, “I like this weather” and “I don’t like this weather”.
- 9 large picture/vocabulary strips using the weather words. Can be used as a word wall or in pocket charts.
- 9 large color flashcards to use to make a matching center or group memory game.
- Emergent reader in b/w “What’s the Weather Today?”. There is a reader page for each weather, and a blank page for the child to draw the current weather, if desired.
- "Clothes for the weather" categorizing center – hot weather or cold weather clothes. (In color)
- "Clothes for the weather" categorizing cut and paste printable in b/w.
- Interactive weather chart, for class or individual. For daily discussion – add picture of the current weather, the current season, and clothes that might be worn.
- Dress the Weather Bear activity. This could be a class or individual activity, as a center, as a cut and paste project, or as a small group teaching prop.