SPRING Vocabulary Words Center, Group Activities - Reader, Word Wall, Flashcards
The focus is on 32 words associated with a SPRING theme– recognizing the pictures, learning the vocabulary, and linking the pictures with the spoken and written words. This pack includes activities that are accessible to various levels of understanding in your group, and presents engaging materials for you to be able to differentiate your teaching approach.
IMPORTANT: Click on the collage photos to see enlarged pages
The 32 words are: Spring, leaf, tree, blossoms, buds, sprouts, tulip, daffodil, butterfly, ladybug, sun, rain, cloud, rainbow, bunny, chick, lamb, robin, nest, egg, frog, green, blue, yellow, puddle, umbrella, flowers, seeds, baseball, kite, mushroom, snail.
1. Large manipulative picture cut-outs representing each word. Use for small group instruction:” Can you find the robin?” “Where are 2 things that are yellow?’ etc.
2. An emergent reader to make – use the words that you feel would engage your learners more easily.
3. Large word/picture strips for each word, in color. Use for displaying a word wall, or in pocket charts.
4. Labeled flashcards for each word, with the pictures in color.
5. Flashcards with only the written words, no picture.
6. Sentence strips, where the children can use a flashcard to complete the sentence. “I see a …”, “It is a …”, “I see …”, and “It is …”.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources