Summer Games in Tokyo Japan 2020 2021 - Introduction for Preschool Kindergarten
This is a comprehensive set of activities with a 2020 (2021) Summer Games in Tokyo Japan theme - make hands-on, interactive centers and learning games for your preschool and preK and early kindergarten classroom. Engaging graphics, most activities are developmentally appropriate for ages 3 - 5.
Click on the PREVIEW link and hover over it to see most pages.
- Contents:Informational page about the 2020 - 2021 Olympic Games (with links)
- 3 anchor charts (color and b/w)
- Sets of cards to make matching and memory games (2)
- Summer sports large flashcards (labeled) (28)
- Creative coloring discussion posters for summer sports (14)
- Story starter –“If I could be….”
- 3 Medals – color, cut out and wear.
- Ordinal numbers – 1st, 2nd 3rd – cut and paste
- Emergent reader “I see… “ (summer sports)
- Large cut out numbered sports athletes 1-20
- Athletes and groups of balls number counting cards 0-10 center
- Alphabet flashcards – full upper and lower case
- Summer sports word wall vocabulary cards (12)
- Flags of nations cards – flags of 18 participating countries.
- Match the flags – cut and paste
- Match the flags – connect with lines
- Color by number – five rings
- Connect the dots – torch
- Play dough mats (2)
- Pre-writing tracing practice
- “Order by size” centers (2)
- Set of flashcards to promote a discussion about good health
- Math mats – I am strong! – Count sets of healthy food pictures onto mats.
- Printables – children draw “I am strong!” and “My favorite sport”.
NOTE: I have used the term "Summer Sports" in the resource, since the term "Olympic Games" is trademarked.