Living and Non Living Things Centers and Activities for Preschool and Pre-K
This Living Things activity pack is developmentally appropriate for preschool and pre-K children, and as part of a science curriculum.
The theme focus for this packet is presenting activities and printables to teach about the concept of, and the difference between, living and non-living things.
Be sure to click on the PREVIEW photo collage to see many pages, and to make sure this is the educational level you are looking for.
Besides the activities, songs, stories and games listed for the day, this pack includes these centers and printables:Anchor posters in color and b/w
- Recording page (drawings) for things seen on nature walk.
- Set of photo flashcards for discussion and categorizing
- Set of picture cards for discussion and categorizing
- Sorting mats
- Large manipulative pictures o make games and for bulletin board
- Template for deciding if an item is alive or not alive – use as a group lesson, or individual activity
- Order by size – this can show the continuum of human growth from infant to older adult, or members of a family. Two sets - male and female.
- Matching cards – living things and their food
- Matching cards – living things and their babies
- Cut and paste categorizing printable – alive/not alive.
- Header cards for bulletin board, pocket chart or wall.
This pack is included in the MEGA BUNDLE September Preschool Themes BUNDLE
Pre-K Themes is a series of mini teaching topics that are focused towards preschool and Pre-K learners. Although the activities are written to cover one full day of activities and related games, centers and other printables, there are enough ideas to extend the theme longer if needed.
Instantly ready to use. Very few additional items are needed to present the activities besides basic art supplies and cardstock. Use the centers from year to year. This series of teaching units saves time and money, and all activities are solidly supported by the foundational concepts leading to the Common Core Kindergarten standards. You can slide a unit effortlessly into your usual curriculum lesson plans when you are in a hurry, or you can use the units as a central focus of your curriculum.
The learning areas included are:
• A Spark! Activity to ignite interest in the topic
• Large group learning time
• Discovery centers
• Music and movement
• A story suggestion
• Small group game, and a
• Record and remember activity
All the printables needed are included – click on the activity description to go to the related printables.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources
Looking for a different theme pack? Go here to see many more Pre-K Themes units.
Go here to download the entire "Cookies Pre-K Theme" pack (44 pages) for FREE! Why am I giving away the complete file for free? Because I LOVE the Pre-K Themes curriculum series, and I want you to love it, too.