- Activity Packs Store
- THANKSGIVING Introducing the History and Vocabulary to Preschoolers
THANKSGIVING Introducing the History and Vocabulary to Preschoolers
This is a set of activities to introduce the concept of the celebration of Thanksgiving to young children - older toddlers and preschoolers.
• Informational booklet in color. Read booklets to a small group, or individual child. Expand on the words appropriate to the developmental level of your group. Encourage questions, conversation and discussion.
• Informational booklet in b/w.
• Interactive cut and paste booklet activity. This is directed. Cut out the pictures for those not cutting yet.
• Stick puppets to re-tell the story.
I wanted to introduce Thanksgiving in a simple way to my toddler grandson, and could not find anything simple and engaging enough to capture his interest. So I created this resource. He was drawn in immediately, following the story and asking questions. I understand that this is not how the real history happened and evolved, but it presents enough of a positive framework on which to build later stories, questions and discoveries.
IMPORTANT: Click on the collage preview photo and hover your mouse over it to see enlarged pages.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources