Scarecrows Fall Number Practice Printables - Recognition Tracing Counting 1-20
This is a collection of activity pages reviewing some different forms that numbers can take, for young children. The numbers being reviewed are from 1-20. This set can be used with a Scarecrow or Fall/Autumn theme unit.
Click on the PREVIEW photo to see all 21 pages.
Included on each page:
- Recognize and read the number in the box, and it’s written word format
- Count the number of crows, by touching each one as the number is said.
- Trace the number, and the number word.
- Draw a set of any items in the curved box, to correspond with the number. Perhaps Fall-related?
- Make dots or circles in the 10-frame to correspond with the number.
- Color the scarecrows and crows, if desired.
The last page has a picture of a scarecrow and 20 crows to count and color.
These worksheets are for children that enjoy, and are ready for, this more abstract way of working with numbers. Young children need a great deal of playing and working with 3-dimensional manipulatives in order to recognize, understand, and develop a concept of numbers and sets.