Alphabet Recognition, Sounds, Tracing, Flashcards, Cut & Paste, 408 pages b/w
This product is available at no cost to site members in the membership area on the Alphabet theme page.
This is a HUGE packet of printables to make centers, activities and games for the development and teaching of the recognition and naming of the letters of the alphabet (upper and lower case), and initial letter/sound correspondence.
408 pages, all in black and white (except the cover).
Use for group games, individual discovery, literacy centers, take-home projects, vocabulary and ESL activities. Designed for ages 2.6 through 6+, depending on developmental level and how the activity is presented. Flexibility and creativity in using the activities is encouraged.
- POSTERS – Set of 4 posters for each letter (X has 2). Each page features large upper and lower case letters and an illustration of an object beginning with that letter. Relate illustrations to various themes, such as toys, animals, careers, toys etc. Encourage creativity when/if coloring – add related items, designs, backgrounds etc.
- CATEGORIZING PICTURES – Cut and paste 6 pictures beginning with each letter. Pictures can also be used for other games, for example - lay a group of pictures on the table and ask children to find the one beginning with the sound “d”. Or, find the picture of the dog. Or find the animal that says rrroofff. Or, find something that has 4 legs. Relate to developmental level. Older children can use the letter templates in this activity set to draw pictures beginning with the appropriate letter, and/or write the words.
- TRACING LETTER SHAPES – Younger children can trace around the outline of large letter shapes, and decorate them Older children can trace letters and learn to write them. Upper and lower case.
- FLASHCARDS – 6 for each letter (X has 2). Best results printed on 110 lb cardstock. Print 2 copies and cut out for a concentration game. Print 2 copies and cut up one for a matching game. Use for vocabulary expansion and categorizing like items. Full page sorting mats are provided for each letter.
- PICTURE/VOCABULARY STRIPS – 6 pictures/words to a page, one page for each letter. Can use page whole to color and trace, or cut into strips to mix and match. Make a Picture Dictionary.
- LETTER CIRCLES – One page for each letter. Draw a line from the letter to each of the pictures that begin with it. Or, mark them with a highlighter, or place small items such as clear chips on them Or, print on cardstock, cut out the circle, and place a clothespin on each of the pictures that begin with the letter.
- LETTER BOOKLETS – Create 8 page booklets for each letter. Cut out the pages, stack them, and staple on the left side.