DINOSAURS Count the Room Activity for Early Learners (Differentiated)
This is a simplified Dinosaurs Count the Room activity for early learners, with 4 differentiated recording pages.
- 10 large counting cards in color to post on the wall around the room, showing a set of dinosaurs/prehistoric animals from 1 to 10 on each. These will need to be printed on card, and laminated for longer use.
- 4 differentiated b/w recording pages – the children are given one of the recording sheets attached to a clipboard, and a marker. They walk around the room, look at the large picture on the counting cards, count the number of items on each card, and write the numbers on the recording page, beside the correct picture.
- The 4 differentiated recording pages are: a) one with the numbers already written on the page, for the earliest learners to trace; b) one with no numbers in the recording page boxes, but written at the bottom of the page to use as a reference; c) one with no numbers in the boxes, and no reference numbers, and d) one with a 10-frame graphic beside each picture on the recording sheet – the children color the number of boxes to correspond with the sets on the cards on the wall.
- have included 10 extra set cards – they can be lightly taped over the sets on the wall cards to provide different sets for extra practice.
- Also, I have included a set of dinosaur flashcards to this activity, so that you can go over their names and appearance before beginning the Count the Room game.
This activity can also be used as a small group teaching session.