BEES and HIVES Matching 10-frames, tally marks, sets, and numbers 0-10
This activity includes a hands-on, interactive center, in color, and a set of supporting/follow-up worksheets in b/w, using the theme of bees and bee hives.
Bees and bee hives - Match 4 ways that numbers can be represented, 0-10. The ways are: numerals ~ 10-frames ~tally marks ~ sets of flowers
• 11 bee hives /mats, labeled with 10-frames from 0-10.
• 3 sets of bees, 11 in each set, each set featuring a different way that numbers can be represented, from 0-10 (numbers, tally marks, sets of flowers).
Children match each of the bees to the appropriate hive mat. The center/game is flexible, and can be differentiated by offering more or less hives, and/or more or less bees.
Another activity: Each set of bees can be arranged in sequential order, either forwards, or backwards.
Supporting/follow up worksheets 0-10:
• Stamp or color the correct number of bees in each set.
• Cut and paste the numbers beside the correct set.
• Math mats – counts sets of bees onto hive mats
• Connect the numbered bees with the 10-frames.
• Cut out the bees with tally marks, and match to the correct flower.
IMPORTANT: Click on the preview collage photo and hover your mouse over it to see enlarged pages.