ANIMALS Go-Together Pairs - Centers Printables Cut and Paste Emergent Readers
This is a collection of activities focusing on the concept of a describable relationship between two items. There are 3 activities for each of the 3 groups of animals – farm, wild, and pets.
Click the PREVIEW photo and hover over it to see all pages.
- A matching center for each of the 3 animal groups. Arrange 10 cards into5 relating pairs for each season.
- A graphic organizer mat for each pair. It’s not necessary to use the mats.
- A follow-up printable for each of the 3 animal groups. Connect the pairs that go together.
- A predictable emergent reader for each animal group. Cut and paste the matching pictures on each page.
Use the materials from the center as a small group teaching tool to demonstrate the concept of items that relate in a particular way. Ask the question – “How do these 2 things go together?” (relate)
- Discussion - oral language
- Concept of relationships and recognizing common qualities between 2 items
- Concept of 3 different animal categories.
- Concepts of print - separation of words, punctuation, following from left to right, predictable sentences, sight words.
- Fine motor cutting pasting