- Activity Packs Store
- Winter Games 2022 Beijing - Introduction for Preschool PreK Kindergarten
Winter Games 2022 Beijing - Introduction for Preschool PreK Kindergarten
Free to members in the Member Library.
This is a large collection of activities, games and centers to introduce early learners - preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, and perhaps 1st grade, to the concept of the international Winter games, with lots of hands-on activities.
Extensively updated for the 2022 Games in Beijing.
Click the PREVIEW links to see ALL pages and to check the educational level.
- Informational page (with links)
- 3 anchor charts for the Games
- Cards for matching games (print2 or more copies)
- Sports played at the Olympic Games - large flashcards (labeled) (12)
- Creative coloring discussion posters for sports (12). Children draw more things in pictures. These can be stapled together to make a book.
- Story starter –“ If I could be an athlete at the Games I would….”
- 3 Medals – color and cut out – tape on shirts.
- Ordinal numbers – 1st, 2nd 3rd – cut and paste
- Emergent reader “I see… “ (various winter sports)
- Large cut out numbered sports characters 1- 20 – use for ordering, number recognition, sports discussion etc.
- Alphabet flashcards – full upper case – use to make recognition and memory games.
- Number center (athletes and gold medals) – match 10-frames to numbers (0-10)
- Flags of nations cards – flags of 18 participating countries
- Match the flags – cut and paste activity
- Match the flags – connect with lines
- Color by number – five rings
- Connect the dots (2) – torch, ice skates
- Trace and color - torch
- Set of cards to promote good health
- Math mats – I am strong! – Count sets of healthy food pictures onto mats.
- Match pieces of equipment cards with the sport it is most likely to be used with.