THANKSGIVING Cornucopias - Different Ways to Show Numbers
This pack is available to MEMBERS in the Member Library.
- Includes:11 empty cornucopias numbered from 0-10, and one with no numeral.
- Groups of 5 fruits to match with each of the numbered cornucopias. Each of the 5 fruits displays a different way to show the numeral. The ways are 10-frames, tally marks, beads on a string, dice, and counting fingers.
Click on the PREVIEW photo to see all pages.
Things to do:
- Cut around the cornucopias (or the cards they are on). Cut out the fruit. To save time, place fruit pages in a stack, and cut roughly around each piece of fruit. Print on cardstock for durability if using for a center.
- Children match 5 pieces of fruit with each cornucopia.
- Introduce the activity to a small group and explain the counting concept before setting out as a center. Use the lower numbers and fewer cornucopias at first.
More to do:
- Choose one style of number representation (such as the dice), and arrange in sequence, either ascending or descending.
- Set out some cornucopias with only the 10-frames or only the beads, for example, for younger children.