July 4th Activity Printables NO PREP Preschool and Kindergarten - 81 pages
All in b/w.
IMPORTANT: Click the PREVIEW collage photos to see all pages in this resource, and to make sure this is the educational level you are looking for.
• July 4th songs and rhymes (3 pages)
• Math mats – count stars onto child waving flag mats
• Decorate the celebration with red, white and blue, cut out and arrange on a paper plate.
• Color by number (2)
• Connect the dots (2)
• Picture frames to decorate and add picture or photo (2)
• “Dictate and draw” story starter (1) “I like the 4th of July because…”
• Tracing pages (2)
• Follow the star maze – stamp or color the path through a background of other shapes from George Washington to the White House.
• Creative coloring pages – each page has an incidental activity to complete e.g. “Draw 1 more firework”. (6)
• Connect the matching July 4th items with a line. (1)
• Categorizing cut and paste – 3 different star designs.
• Labeling practice – 2 differentiated pages.
• 6 piece puzzles – print 2 copies. Cut up one and match to the other. (3)
• Cut and paste numbers – numerals to numerals, and numerals to dice arrays. (2)
• Set of stars 10-frame cards – 0-10 – match with children with flags
• Color the United States flag - correct number of stars and stripes
• Alphabet Upper and Lower Case Match, full alphabet (3)
• Complete the pattern cut and paste – AB, AAB, ABB (2)
• July 4th hats and crown – Statue of Liberty crown, Uncle Sam hat, July 4th crown
• Order by size – cut out pictures and sort onto a mat – big, medium, small (2)
• Size ordering - cut out 7 Uncle Sams – arrange in order from large to small, or small to large. Use to compare which is larger, smaller between 2 or 3 (2)
• Match the Number to the Set 0-1 1 – cut and paste (3)
• Color or stamp the correct number of things in the set, 1-6 (2)
• Count number of same items on the page, write number (2)
• Barbecue and food cards – Cut out the cards, match the sets of food items with the numbers on the children at the holiday barbecue.
• Pin the Sets cards –use a clothespin, or stamp or color the correct number out of 3 (3)
• Stick Puppets – print on cardstock, cut out, tape on a craft stick for a handle, 6 characters. OK, this one does require a little prep, but it’s so fun for storytelling.
• Foldable booklet to make – use with included rhyme “Our Flag”
• Emergent reader – “What Can I see on July 4th?” – 8 reader pages.
• July 4th posters to decorate and hang (2)
More to see ...
July 4th Puzzles and Match Ups
• 16 2-piece cards in both color and b/w. Print on cardstock, cut out cards, and cut each in half. Children match correct halves together.
• Referral page - Keep the referral page by the center, so children can see what the complete puzzle card pictures look like.
• 5 4-piece puzzles - 4 6-piece puzzles - 2 templates: children create own puzzles - 3 number strip puzzles 1-5
July 4th Number Posters & Worksheets 0-20
• 21 number posters with a July 4th theme – includes number, number word, ten-frames, sets of objects.
• Number worksheets – 0-20 Cut and paste, or draw, the correct number of stars on each page. Also, use small manipulatives to fill each space.
July 4th Mix and Match Word / Picture Cards Centers plus Emergent Reader
These 4th of July flexible activities can be used with groups, individually and in centers. 12 large word/picture cards---12 word strips with 12 matching pictures--12 picture strips with matching word cards. Emergent reader in color, and b-w