Arctic Animals Vocabulary Activities for Preschool and Pre-K
The focus is on 16 words associated with Arctic animals– recognizing the pictures, learning the vocabulary, and linking the pictures with the spoken and written words. This pack includes activities that are accessible to various levels of understanding in your group, and presents engaging materials for you to be able to differentiate your teaching approach.
IMPORTANT: Click on the preview collage photo to see enlarged pages
The 16 words are: walrus, caribou, polar bear, snowy owl, beluga whale, seal, narwhal, puffin, Arctic hare, orca, Arctic fox, husky dog, cold, ice, snow, Arctic animals.
• Large manipulative picture cut-outs representing each word. Use for small group instruction:” Can you find the sled?” “Where are 2 things that are green?’ etc.
• An emergent reader to make – use the words that you feel would engage your learners more easily.
• Large word/picture strips for each word, in both color and b/w. Use for displaying a word wall, or in pocket charts.
• Labeled flashcards for each word, with the pictures in color.
• Flashcards with only the written words, no picture.
• Sentence strips, where the children can use a flashcard to complete the sentence. “I see a …”, “It is a …”, “I see …”, and “It is …”.
Download instantly, immediately after your payment is received.