This 188 page bundle includes 5 of my Pre-K for a Day curriculum packs, all related to the theme of Valentine's Day. This bundle would be perfect to use as part of a curriculum lesson plan in February. With all the activities and centers that I stuff into these Theme for a Day packs, this bundle could extend for at least 2 weeks or more. Some activities could be saved until next year.
The 5 packs in the bundle each focus on an important concept that can be linked to Valentine's Day. The emphasis is on sharing, caring, and talking about love, as it is experienced in early childhood. Hands-on centers and activities also feature letters, numbers, colors, shapes, pre-writing and emergent reading skills.
Here is a peek at some of the pages from the separate packs in the bundle.
Friends and Valentines 1 - THE COLOR RED
Friends and Valentines 2 - HEART SHAPES
Friends and Valentines 3 - WAYS WE COMMUNICATE
Friends and Valentines 4 - THE PEOPLE WE CARE ABOUT
Friends and Valentines 5 - CELEBRATE VALENTINE"S DAY
The first pack is a "what does not belong?" initial sounds center, plus supporting printables. The children choose which picture out of 3 does NOT begin with the featured letter sound.
Print on cardstock, cut out the cards, 4 to a page, 4 for each letter. Cover the picture that does not belong with a counter, small block etc. To differentiate, vary the number of cards offered. I have also included, a blackline version, so children can color the pages/cards, and cross out the pictures that do not belong.
This BIG pack of alphabet printables has 66 pages of posters in b/w featuring large letters and pictures perfect for coloring and decorating with collage materials, posting on the wall or bulletin board, and also for "homework". Suitable for preschool , pre-K, early Kindergarten, SPED and ESL.
- Full alphabet in both upper and lower case
- Both short and long vowels
- Printables for both hard and soft C and G
This pack is FREE for site members, in the member area.
Free alphabet activities
Click on the picture to download
More FREE alphabet and phonics activities ...
Many more alphabet hands-on activity packs...
Alphabet activities at TeachersPayTeachers ...
This Chinese New Year pack includes 100 pages of printables to create centers and activities for early learners.
The activities include:
• Animals of the zodiac flash cards
• Animals of the zodiac word wall cards with header
• Animals of the zodiac coloring posters
• Math mats – count sets of fortune cookies into traditional Chinese bowl
• Tangram puzzle – match 7 shapes, or cut and paste
• 3 songs plus a picture to color or add to
• Color/cut out a Chinese flag
• Mah jhong tiles flash cards 1-8 – match, sort, or arrange in number sequence.
• Poster in color and b/w – Happy Chinese New Year.
• 2 story starters – draw and/or dictate
• Trace and color – eating with chopsticks
• 6 piece puzzle – red lantern photo
• Count to 10 in Chinese – pictograms, Chinese words, English numbers
• Connect the matching pictogram numbers.
• Happy new year/spring banners cut and paste
• Emergent reader – A Lantern Rainbow (in color)
• Emergent reader – A Lantern Rainbow (in b/w)
• Order by size – bowls of food for New Year’s feast.
• Color posters – 6 Chinese icons (lantern, panda etc)
• Dragon border stationery
• Color by number – Chinese lantern
• Chinese lion mask
• 3 coloring pages
Set of 10-frame firecracker cards 0-10
• Set of dragon number cards, 0-20
• “Lucky money “number cards 0-10 – match sets of coins with the children holding red envelopes
• Shape cards – cut each card in half, children match the halves (12 shapes)
• Play dough mats (2)
• 6 Piece puzzles (2)
Here are 3 FREE posters to use to celebrate the Year of the Rooster, beginning January 28th, 2017. One poster is in color, one is in b/w, and the other leaves a space for a child to draw the rooster.
Groundhog Day is February 2nd - here are some activities to download and add to your Groundhog Day unit.
Hello, I'm Susan. My goal at KidSparkz is to offer instantly downloadable, free and low cost early childhood printables and activity packs to busy teachers and parents.
Read more ...