That's it. That's the "big secret" about how children, or anyone for that matter, learns anything. Don't YOU learn things better, and more deeply, if you are comfortable, among people you know, and if the stuff you're looking at studying is interesting and FUN? Any sign of anxiety, or demands, or "tests", or doing paperwork while the sun is shining outside - any chance of learning anything flies right out that window. Yes, I am going to list some of the very important approaches that are in vogue at the present time, or have actually stood the test of time, but please remember, when analyzing and considering them, those 2 big concepts - TRUST and FUN. (Oh, by the way!! Your child already trusts you. All you have to do is make the subject matter fun, and all the learning that will occur is made in the shade!!!)
Preschool Education Web Resources
More to see...
- The KidSparkz Philosophy
- What We Teach: Curriculum Planning
- The KidSparkz Theme-a-Pedia index
- The Power of Reading! - Establishing the Environment for Early Literacy Development
- Letters for Little Learners - an alphabet curriculum
- Creative Art Techniques - 70 open-ended creative art techniques for preschool that can be used for any theme
- Toddler Curriculum - for ages 18 to 36 months (over 1600 pages)
- KidSparkz Membership subscription - 2 ways to sign up
- Activity Packs - low-cost, many are available at no cost to members.
- Pre-K Themes Curriculum Series - a collection of low-cost downloadable mini teaching topics/units that are focused towards preschool and pre-K learners.
- What's new? Activities and printables just added to the site.