34 pages of engaging Thanksgiving themed pages for early learners, all in b/w.
This is a collection of CHRISTMAS themed songs and rhymes, each with one or two hands-on extension activities.
5 Little Christmas Trees
- Activity: Order by size and collage
The Reindeer Pokey (Action song)
- Activity: Decorate reindeer poster and real reindeer
Let’s All Do a little Clapping (Action song)
- Activity: “Follow the directions” flash cards
Ring the Bells
- Activity: Make a Christmas is here! Poster
Santa’s Little Reindeer (Action rhyme)
- Activity: “Left” and “right” reindeer direction cards
A Beautiful Tree (Counting rhyme)
- Activity: Draw correct number of items on tree
What’s his Name? (Santa)
- Activity: Color, trace and write “Santa”
Here’s a Candle Dressed in White
- Activity: Color candles by reading color name (2 levels)
Stir a Bowl of Gingerbread
- Activity: Put cards in sequential order
We are Little Gingerbread Boys and Girls
- Activity: Color gingerbread house page
2 Candy Cane Rhymes
- Activity: Put candy canes in size order
The Angel Band (Traditional, not religious)
- Activity: Counting angel cut outs or stick puppets to 10)
Oral language and dramatic play activities for early learners.
- a set of 8 full sized masks, with a Christmas theme, in both color and b/w;
- a set of 8 smaller-sized stick puppets, featuring the same Christmas characters, in color and b/w; and
- 8 printables, one featuring each character (b/w).
The 8 Christmas characters are:
- a snowman,
- Santa Claus
- polar bear,
- Mrs. Claus,
- gingerbread person,
CHRISTMAS COOKIES - 10-frame sets on cookie sheets
Set of Christmas cookies, plus 10 10-frames on baking trays. Children arrange the cookies on the trays according to the numbers.
Cookies can also be sorted by shape and color, and used to make line patterns that the children can copy or complete. Use as a center and/or a small group activity.
Free to members on the member Australia theme page.
This is a set of printables to complement/supplement your units about Australia for young learners. Perfect for an introduction to Australia for children in the US, and to celebrate Australia Day (January 26th) for preschoolers and Pre-K in Australia. ("Harbor" and "color" use US spelling. Email me for a file with Aus. spelling).
• Photos of Australian icons
• Uppercase alphabet letters for games and room decor
• Golden wattle writing/drawing page
• 2 Aboriginal style paintings
• Boomerang order by size
• Aboriginal artwork and crafts flashcards
• Design a boomerang
• Match the boomerangs cut and paste
• Photo flash cards of Australian animals (4 to a page) (12)
• Large cut outs of Australian animals (12)
• “Kangaroos crossing” road sign
• Australian animals song
• Emergent reader using photos – “What Animals are Native to Australia”?
• Emergent reader in b/w for children to color
• Cut and paste animals onto a simple map of Australia (both in color and b/w)
• Flag poster
• Color the Australian flag.
Hover over the collage photo to see a larger view of the pages.
This resource is FREE to MEMBERS in the membership area on the Australian Animalstheme page.
This Australian animals bingo game is a fun way to teach preschoolers the names of some animals that can live in Australia, or to follow up or review a lesson.
2 ways to play:
- Classic bingo game (group) – each child has a board, caller picks up tiles and calls the picture, children cover picture with a counter or similar. The emphasis is on picture recognition, and spoken vocabulary, not written words.
- Matching game (individual): children match set of tiles to one or more boards.
- 3 printables: children dictate a “story” and draw a picture. “This is an animal that can live in Australia”, “I like this animal that can live in Australia because…”, and “This is a big Australian animal/This is a small Australian animal”.
- Group activity – predictable sentences. Teacher
asks for suggestions from the group about the theme being discussed, and writes them down in a “predictable” list. The list can be “read” on subsequent days, with the repeated sentence beginnings giving a clue.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources
All About Me
Back to School
Chinese New Year
Cinco de Mayo
City and Country
4th of July
M L King