A daily learning and sharing program for moms and children at home
You have watched your child growing and blossoming, since birth. You know your child’s interests, moods, favorites, likes and dislikes. You are the one who knows your child best. You are your child’s first teacher.
This game guide can be used in several ways.
• You could set aside some time each day for your preschool sharing time. Plan to cover a theme a week (5 days), doing the game from each of the theme's 5 learning areas each day. Read the games guide ahead of time, choose a topic, call or email your library to set aside appropriate children’s books, and chose and prepare materials for art projects and learning games.
• Or when your child shows an interest in a certain topic, perhaps by hearing a story, or finding a nest, or tasting a new food, you could capitalize on his/her spark of interest by using some games from this guide to extend learnings. Perhaps it will be only for 5 minutes, or perhaps 5 hours, or 5 days, as long as attention is happily focused.
• Or use it in any way that suits you.
This is bonding time, camaraderie, sharing together, guiding and discovering. While you are “playing”, you are actually deciphering the environment and presenting it to someone you love dearly in a joyful, experiential translation at the child’s level of development. No pushing and prodding, no demands, just having fun together, creating a lifelong love of learning, and memories of spending happy times with mommy.
Each theme topic includes five games/activities related to the learning areas of
More to see ...
- Theme-a-Pedia - hundreds of printables and activities organized by theme
- Toddler Curriculum - for ages 18 to 36 months (over 1600 pages)
- KidSparkz themed activities packs, including the series "Theme Packs for Preschool". Plus letters, numbers, science, social studies, more...
- Pre-K Theme for a Day Series - a collection of low-cost downloadable mini teaching topics/units that are focused towards preschool and pre-K learners.
- 26 important things to do to encourage the love of reading in early childhood environments
- Creative Art Techniques - 70 open-ended creative art techniques for preschool that can be used for any theme
- Letters for Little Learners - an alphabet curriculum
- Free sets of theme flashcards