The KidSparkz approach to planning curriculum in early childhood education: How does it help you as teachers and parents, and the children as learners?
FREE download of the day.
THANKSGIVING Dinner Literacy Centers
Make engaging, differentiated and practical Literacy Centers using the theme of Thanksgiving Dinner foods.
• Set of 12 color Thanksgiving food cards for: matching, vocabulary, concentration and a Read or Write the room activity.
• Set of 12 b/w Thanksgiving cards for: matching, vocabulary, concentration and a Read or Write the room activity.
• Word wall picture/vocabulary strips, use in pocket chart
• Recording page for Read/Write the Room with dotted words to trace
• Recording page for Read/Write the Room with a line to write word
• Emergent reading booklet to make, with labeled b/w pictures
• Emergent reading booklet to make, with vocabulary words – children draw pictures
• Large cut-out pictures of 12 foods
• Labels for the foods
• Full page picture of a plain table for small group game or center
• Printable to draw a picture of Thanksgiving food
• Full-page Thanksgiving placemat, in both color, and b/w.
This pack is FREE to Members
Buy it HERE
Thanksgiving Food Centers and Activities
The teaching theme focus for this packet is Thanksgiving, with the emphasis on Thanksgiving traditional food. This is the second of 2 units about Thanksgiving. The other unit focuses on the story of Thanksgiving.
Besides the activities, songs, stories and games listed for the day, this pack includes these centers and printables:
Buy it HERE
FREE downloads of the (Thanksgiving) day...
This is a set of activities to introduce the concept of the celebration of Thanksgiving to young children - older toddlers and preschoolers.
• Informational booklet in color. Read booklets to a small group, or individual child. Expand on the words appropriate to the developmental level of your group. Encourage questions, conversation and discussion.
• Informational booklet in b/w.
• Interactive cut and paste booklet activity. This is directed. Cut out the pictures for those not cutting yet.
• Stick puppets to re-tell the story.
I wanted to introduce Thanksgiving in a simple way to my toddler grandson, and could not find anything simple and engaging enough to capture his interest. So I created this resource. He was drawn in immediately, following the story and asking questions. I understand that this is not how the real history happened and evolved, but it presents enough of a positive framework on which to build later stories, questions and discoveries.
FREE downloads of the day ...
Hello, I'm Susan. My goal at KidSparkz is to offer instantly downloadable, free and low cost early childhood printables and activity packs to busy teachers and parents.
Read more ...